What better way to get the home brew wagon going then to post a coding competition! DCEmu via its Wii-News and Gamecube Emulation Sites have announced a coding competition with the first place prize being $300 at the GP2X Store. Hopefully some talented people will get in on it and write some cool little applications. The prizes might be enough of an incentive for us to get in on the action too.
When is the code due?
The Competition Entries should be submitted on or before 6th July 2007.
What can we develop?
Entries can be Emulators, Homebrew Games, Demos or Applications that work directly on the Gamecube/Nintendo Wii.
- Any submissions must have sources released if theres a GPL on that sourcecode.
- Entries for the competition must work on either Nintendo Wii or Nintendo Gamecube or both via SD Load.
- All entrys must work with SD Load or with an as yet Unreleased Exploit for Nintendo Wii. Modchip Versions of any releases must have a corresponding SD Load Version.
- All submissions must have DCEmu Forums as the homepage until after the competition ends.
- New releases of already released software will be allowed but there must be a good update if thats the case.
- All submissions must use either of these splashscreens Here or Here.
- All Submissions can be posted in the DCEmu Submit News Forum, beta testing of any submissions before actual final submissions can be done in the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube Development Forum
- Multiple entries are allowed although only the best entry will win prizes.
- Entries must be freeware so that when tournament ends they can be distributed.
1st Prize $300 at GP2X Store
2nd Prize $150 at GP2X Store
3nd Prize $50 at GP2X Store
Ready to get started?
Full details are available at Wii-News