Visual Studio 2015 Task List
Here is a link to some guidance to get you started: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/envdte.tasklist.defaultcommenttoken(v=vs.80).aspx Tags comments task list todo tokens visual studio 2013 vs2013 Comments (19) Cancel reply Name * Email * Website The TaskList feature in Visual Studio requires these kind of comments to follow a certain pattern, and even when that occurs, the way they are presented leaves a bit to be Anyone else have this issue and find a resolution? The above example for instance is telling ReSharper to search for any pattern that contains the word TODO in it. Check This Out
Is there a way to handle this? How can you reduce risk? JetBrains @ BASTA! → Using a ToDo list more effectively Posted on January 25, 2011 by Hadi Hariri Have you ever had the need to place a TODO in your code? Its a poor man's code review system, using these tags and sharing a task branch back and forth through the review process. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12290235/todo-tasks-not-appearing-in-the-task-list-in-visual-studio-2012
Visual Studio 2015 Task List
c# comments visual-studio-2012 share|improve this question asked Sep 5 '12 at 21:44 SamuelDavis 1,3582916 Do comments starting with // TODO: show up in the list? –Peter Ritchie Sep 5 Required fields are marked *Comment Name * Email * Website Search for: Meta Log in Entries RSS Comments RSS WordPress.org Tweets about .NET tools Tweets about .NET tools TagsConferences Decompiler dotCover Anyhow, now it is working. What good is a Task List without tasks?
https://t.co/TlOkBv7UHz 4 weeks ago Have you moved your app to the cloud? Now that’s what I call a colorful, albeit long list of tasks! Which renders it pretty well useless for C++. Visual Studio 2015 Todo Z Reply Rick says: February 16, 2011 at 5:52 am In VS2008, does this work for C++?
Note that you have to have a space after the colon as well. –JosephHatfield Nov 17 '14 at 15:24 | show 2 more comments up vote 2 down vote Chalk this Visual Studio Todo Color Reply zainnab says: December 11, 2010 at 7:55 pm When you open the solution it should populate with all the todo comments so it looks like you may have an issue You can export your settings (which include custom tokens) into a file so that other developers can import your custom tokens…but it's probably just as easy for each developer to set Just type a comment that begins with ToDo (e.g. 'ToDo or //ToDo) and is followed by some text, and a line with your text appears in the Task List.
- Browse other questions tagged c# comments visual-studio-2012 or ask your own question.
- By default, normally these patterns are searched for in comments, although we can optionally look in strings and identifiers too.
- Reply Mike says: September 27, 2012 at 8:30 am Thanks Tim N, the // HACK is a useful one to know!
- Doesn't work in .js files 🙁 Reply Phil S says: February 21, 2014 at 11:14 am The comment: "With C++ projects, the Task List displays only the comments that are found
- Z Reply Wizoo says: August 19, 2010 at 5:09 am Alright, thx for the tip with c++ 😉 Reply DE Web Works says: December 10, 2010 at 5:32 am When I
- Reply Yann Duran says: August 17, 2013 at 2:42 am Nice feature, but what a horrible UI for it.
- I'd like to be able to show TODO comments per-project: otherwise, the noise to signal ratio (in solutions with tens of projects) makes the tool very uncomfortable to use.
- It would have made more sense for the Add button to be enabled, then have a dialog box to enter the text/priority.
- I don’t suggest them over, say, tasks in Team Foundation Server but they are a great short-term reminder for things that need to get attention.
- Why would a Teen TV show needed a FBI warning inside Young Justice universe?
Visual Studio Task List
Do the guest schools spend an entire academic year in the host school during the Triwizard Tournament? Similar to comments however, TODO’s are only valuable if they have meaningful information, and much like comments, we developers, aren’t necessarily to attentive to such things. Visual Studio 2015 Task List Unfortunately, there's no easy way to share custom tokens among a team. Visual Studio 2015 Task List Not Working North by North by North by South East What game did I see in Verona, Italy?
With C++ projects, the Task List displays only the comments that are found in the files currently opened for edit. his comment is here Reply Gene says: July 5, 2012 at 7:31 am C++ programmer says thanks for the post. We can easily extend this to offer support for other items such as identifying code smells, features, etc. Also, this question already has an accepted answer. Visual Studio Task List Not Working
Video Watch Now: Preview Live! 360 Content Here .NET Tips and Tricksby Peter Vogel Blog archive Creating a Useful Task List in Visual Studio What developers like to do best is Since newer versions have been released, it is possible it is no longer a bug. Z Reply Gary C says: February 13, 2011 at 5:14 am It would be nice to be able to export all TODO type items (the user can define other tags to http://wiiemulator.net/visual-studio/repair-visual-studio-2015.html I followed your short and very-useful tutorial but the problem stands still and I can't see my "//TODO" comment in the Task List –Suda.nese Jul 17 '13 at 15:38
My settings were and still fine as after installing VS-2012 (fresh installation) I haven't touched them.
To further refine your search results, press Shift and click a second column header.As an alternative, on the shortcut menu, choose Sort by, and choose a header. I’m sure we’ve all done so, for some reason or another. BlogSlayer is the official blog of FrogSlayer, a custom software product development shop in Bryan/College Station, Texas. Resharper Todo Reply [email protected] says: August 16, 2013 at 4:47 pm thanks a lot , i didn't know about it before 🙂 .