Visual Studio Path To File In Project
This "imported resource" is compiled into the resx and is not deployed with the application in production(b.c. move the resources folder to the /bin/debug directory (or move the executable to the root directory of the project). When I copy it to another user computer (under their My Documents directory) I want it to work with no tweaking.Do Macros work? I can't target my machine because I use d:/Dev, Bob uses C:/develop and the build machine uses R:/release. http://wiiemulator.net/visual-studio/visual-studio-relative-reference-path.html
Visual Studio Path To File In Project
Wrote a C# program that extracts from cab files and wanted to make sure the new file was correctly replaced.I work with the relative directory, but what is the rest of That said, CMake is much more widely used than premake. Which solves the maintenance issue with half a dozen solutions. 2) find a different tool that can create projects with relative directories.
For more information, read the above link for Resources in Applications. Visual Studio Add Reference Relative Path I will start making progress on these issues tomorrow or Friday. Was This Post Helpful? 0 Back to top MultiQuote Quote + Reply ← Previous Topic C and C++ Next Topic → Page 1 of 1 Related C++ TopicsbetaVisual Studio 2010 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13342123/how-to-get-relative-path-of-a-file-in-visual-studio This obviously doesn't work for others.
They didn't work either.Start external program: "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Project\Install\Program.exe"That wasn't a good solution anyway, cause I want it to work whether copied to a Desktop or a D: drive or whatever.What How To Get Relative Path Of A File In Visual Studio grahamreeds commented Aug 21, 2013 One of the current issues is that it is not pick up and go. Browse other questions tagged c# visual-studio or ask your own question. If not, did you consider trying out Premake ( http://industriousone.com/what-premake )?
Visual Studio Add Reference Relative Path
more stack exchange communities company blog Stack Exchange Inbox Reputation and Badges sign up log in tour help Tour Start here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed Generally it is one of the responsibilities of an installation program to place files in the location where they are expected relative to the executable file. Visual Studio Path To File In Project Browse other questions tagged c visual-studio visual-studio-2008 visual-c++ or ask your own question. Projectdir Visual Studio With path C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\TheGame\LibraryName\LibraryName\LibraryName\ The relative path from TheGame would be LibraryName\LibraryName\LibraryName\ I think you should be able use macros to create a path.
strip_cmake.bat (in the vs_projects folder) could be updated to eliminate the absolute paths after CMake generation quite easily -- that is the intent of the script, to allow a project file his comment is here Update: Node does use some other python based tool: https://github.com/joyent/node/wiki/Installation Annoyingly they never mention it by name. Let me tell you a little about myself StackList
The Resources.resx file is located in the
they were embedded in the EXE itself and not dependant on the directory structure). Visual Studio Get File Path Lab colleague uses cracked software. Last, you assumed the project's resource file(RESX) contentswereneeded inyour application's runtime directory (such as the ones created/used when you add an Image to a PictureBox).
The OP has clearly added a folder to his projects root directory, and relative paths are specified not from the project's root directory, but from the executable's location (unless you specifically
- As per one of the comments, I am using Visual Studio and by default, the EXE is located in the bin/Debug folder.
- If not, did you consider trying out Premake ( http://industriousone.com/what-premake )? — Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub < #47 (comment)> . — Reply to this email
- pjohnmeyer referenced this issue Aug 24, 2013 Closed Including project files within the project tree #42 grahamreeds commented Aug 27, 2013 I have only tried vs2010-x86 and that has hardcoded paths
- DETAILS ATTACH A FILE EDIT THIS ITEM Assign To Item can only be reassigned when it is active.
- I can work with that.So if I have an Install directory that contains the Program.exe and if I open Visual Studio by double-clicking the the solution file, I can put this
- Chess : The Lone King What does the letter 'u' mean in /dev/urandom?
- If you use an assembly not located in the project directory, you can specify its location in the Reference Paths pane of the Project Designer.NoteThe procedure for setting the reference path for
- Navigation in insert mode Can you tie up these Laurent sequences?
Did I cheat? What are the Vibhutis of Lord Shiva as told in Mahabharata? Maybe not the most clear question, and the library im using is an external project (another exe) im including in my solution. C# Relative Path To File In Project The file he wishes to access is in the
From your note, I think you might have been looking at something else.See if I check in the code and project file, then someone else checks it out, they have to StackList